If there is a place to capture the essence of the phrase “Wild Perfection”the sprawling plains of Nanyuki is the one. And in the midst of it all is the traveler’s jewel, the Porini Rhino Camp. Nestled at the foot of the picturesque Aberdare Ranges with the towering Mount Kenya also in sight, it is truly an appeal hard to resist.
Located in Ole Pejeta Wildlife conservancy, Porini Rhino Camp combines over the top customer service with a wild, natural experience you will never forget.
The Best Experience to Look Forward to: An up close sight of the big five five, especially the rhinos, coming to the waterhole located very close to the camp. You can enjoy your dinner as you watch animals in their natural setting. What could be better than this?
Better than you expect. The staff are very friendly, respectful and always on their toes to make your stay unforgettable. To sample some of the 5 star reviews left by previous travelers visit TripAdvisor.
Facilities and activities:
• Double and single bed safari tents fitted with en suite bathroom and shower.
• Scenic viewpoints to watch amazing sunsets accompanied by sundowner drinks.
• Game drives within the conservancy offered at night, in the morning and evening. There are experienced guides to show you around and custom made 4by4 safari vehicles for the drives.
• Walks given by Masai guides.
• Meals, wines, beers, picnic lunches soda and mineral water.
Once you get to Nairobi you have to drive to Wilson Airport from where you will board a plane to Nanyuki. Porini offers free transport from the airstrip to the camp and also back to the airport at the end of your stay.
Prices vary depending on time of year so be sure to check out their website for accurate figures.